UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS VOL WALKER HALL
- Size: 90,955 Square Feet
- Construction Cost: $36.6 Million
- Services: MEP/FP Design, Construction Administration, BIM, Energy Modeling
- Completion Date: 2013
- Delivery Method: Design-Bid-Build
Bernhard Energy Solutions™ provided engineering design and energy services for the 56,635-square-foot historic renovation of Vol Walker Hall, and the addition of the 34,320-square-foot Steven L. Anderson Design Center for the Fay Jones School of Architecture at the University of Arkansas.
The state-of-the-art facility features design studios, a lecture hall, exhibition gallery, computer lab and lounge areas. The project’s energy conservation features include exhaust air energy recovery, high efficacy lighting, variable volume chilled and heating water systems, an automatic temperature control system and a living, green roof.
The project has received several awards for its innovative design, including:
- Building Information Modeling Award from the American Institute of Architects in 2012
- Vision Award from the Fayetteville Chamber of Commerce in 2013